Christ Lutheran Church Stover, MO
Christ Lutheran Church
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Loving GOD Through Worship and Service
Search this site.View the site map.
Visit us on Facebook.
 
 

Church History


Our Blessed Heritage
 
The founding members installed their first pastor November 12, 1871 in a new frame church south of town on Blackberry Patch Road, along with a parsonage and their cemetery. In 1905 the congregation moved into the town of Stover and built a new church sanctuary, a schoolhouse and a parsonage. They built a schoolhouse where confirmation classes, German day school, Sunday School, and VBS (Vacation Bible School) were held, and where the Ladies Aid quilted. 
 

Our Current Facility Blessing out of Ruin

The sanctuary and much of the town was destroyed by a tornado on April 19, 1916. The pulpit, bell and the communion ware were salvaged. The present sanctuary was dedicated on March 5, 1917. In 1964, the education unit, kitchen and fellowship hall were added. The portico was added in 2007. Thanks be to God for His provision! 

 
 
 
 
PASTORS OF CHRIST LUTHERAN CHURCH
 
                                        Rev. George Fikenscher (1870 - 1875) 
                                        Rev. Otto Kloeckner (1877 - 1887)
                                        Rev. Carl Luecke (1887 - 1900) 
                                        Rev. Justus Kaufmann (1900 - 1904) 
                                        Rev. Wilhelm Schumacher (1904 - 1906) 
                                        Rev. Joseph Petscher (1906 - 1907) 
                                        Rev. Fred Lehner (1907 - 1909 
                                        Rev. Alfred C. Flieschmann (1909 - 1912) 
                                        Rev. Herman Klemm (1913 - 1918) 
                                        Rev. Carl Weber (1918 - 1925) 
                                        Rev. Paul E. Stolz (1925 - 1933) 
                                        Rev. Paul C. Schroeder (1934 - 1941) 
                                        Rev. Henry A. Kolm (1942 - 1950) 
                                        Rev. Asmus C. Zeilinger (1950 - 1957) 
                                        Rev. Vernon R. Rodie (1957 - 1962) 
                                        Rev. Rollin G. Olesen (1962 - 1971) 
                                        Rev. Donald A. Metzger (1971 - 1975) 
                                        Rev. Noel D. Peterson (1975 - 1982)
                                        Rev. Henry Thorberg (1982 - 1986)
                                        Rev. John H. Jones (1987 - 1993)
                                        Rev. Russell E. Saltzman (1994 - 2000)
                                        Rev. John H. Kiehl (2002 - 2010)
                                        Rev. Tom Tuura (2012 - Present)